Registrations open for the VIII Foreign Relations Conference – “Brazil and the trends in the international scenario”
The Alexandre de Gusmão Foundation (FUNAG) and the Institute of International Relations of the University of São Paulo (IRI-USP) will conduct the VIII Foreign Relations Conference (CORE) on November 11 and 12, 2019, at the auditorium of the Biblioteca Brasiliana Guita e José Mindlin, at USP, in the state of São Paulo-SP.
CORE is a space for reflection and debate between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the academic community, and the private sector, regarding the international scenario, diplomatic thought, and Brazilian foreign policy.
The general theme of the conference is “Brazil and the trends in the international scenario.” The event will feature the following panels:
- The grand chessboard: US-China relations in the 21st century. Diagnostics and prospects;
- The new Latin-American landscape: Brazil and the regional agenda;
- Brazil’s integration into global trade: an overview of the main trade agreements and negotiations in which the country is engaged;
- Prospects for the BRICS in the 21st century international order;
- Brazil’s accession to the OECD: main challenges and implications;
- Scientific and innovation diplomacy: main challenges for Brazil;
- The infrastructure agenda: how to attract foreign investors and ensure project financing.
The program for the VIII CORE will be released soon.
The event will feature simultaneous translation into Brazilian Sign Language.